The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team programme
Experience how to facilitate a learning experience that helps professionals and organisations discover what it takes to build a truly cohesive & effective team.
Make the cohesive team programme work for you
The Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team programme, assessment, profiles and training material are designed for an intact team. Before choosing this programme, consider the question: Is the team really a TEAM?
A team is a relatively small number of people (from three to twelve) who meet on a regular basis and are collectively responsible for results. The team members share common goals as well as the rewards and responsibilities for achieving them.
Not every group is a team. For example, a group that appears to be a team might simply be a collection of people who report to the same manager, but who have relatively little interdependence and mutual accountability. If a group does not meet the criteria of a true team, this process is unlikely to produce the results they expect.
This comprehensive Team Programme includes:
- 36-page highly personalized assessment results for individual and team
- Strong visuals illustrate key messages
- Context-specific feedback
- Tips and strategies for improving teamwork effectiveness
- Opportunity for building an action plan
The Team Programme includes seven modules from 1 to 3 ½ hours in length.
Your program runs from anything like one day up to 4 days of facilitated learning. This is not a standard training programme, rather a facilitated learning process: your facilitators need the appropriate skills and experience to run the programme with success. Read more in the ressources section and discover what makes this programme so compelling.
Each module includes:
- Facilitator’s Guide in MS Word
- Participant handouts in MS Word
- PowerPoint with embedded video
The fully scripted Facilitator’s Guide includes supporting presentation materials and participant handouts. Through the use of experiential activities, video, and discussion, an intact team is lead through the powerful The Five Behaviors model, learning and practicing the behaviors that will make the team more cohesive and improve its performance.
Please note: team member profiles are purchased separately.
Over 40 Minutes of Classroom Video:
- Wrong-Way/Right-Way Videos: 10 segments of contemporary teamwork examples—one right way and one wrong way example for each of The Five Behaviors—to spark learning and generate powerful conversations that serve as a basis for further action. Context specific facilitation makes the difference: it’s less about showing video sequences than about building a real discussion around perceived challenges and bringing solutions.
- Featuring Patrick Lencioni: In his engaging personal style, Patrick describes The Five Behaviors and why they matter for cohesive teams, illustrates the conflict continuum, and explains how to conduct the Personal Histories exercise and why it’s valuable.
- The Models: clips that introduce and explain The Five Behaviors Model and the Everything DiSC® model
Pick and choose clips that fit your needs. Use video clips as stand-alones, integrated with the standard presentation, or worked in to your custom presentation.
Nearly 50 Minutes of Additional Video for the Facilitator’s Reference
These clips provide additional information for the facilitator, including tips for facilitation, more explanation and stories for each of the five behaviors, and specific guidance for working with team leaders.
A Participant Orientation Video
This optional video serves as a preamble to taking the assessment, briefly describing the assessment and providing pointers for the participants about taking the assessment.
View Samples. By now you might be curious: click here to go to the video sample page.
Customer-Centric Product Development
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team grew out of a decade-long relationship with Patrick Lencioni and his colleagues at The Table Group. During the development process, Wiley extensively tested and refined the program with more than 300 teams and 3,500 team members.
At the end of the day, the participant has to agree with his or her results. And while most assessments in are just tested for internal reliability, Wiley takes it a few steps further. We look at things like test-retest (stability of the tool), correlations with other respected instruments and the correlations with actual work behavior. Getting the assessment right is Wiley’s very first job.
Annotated Team Report:
You might also be interested in consulting a sample Five Behaviours of a Cohesive Team annotated progress report
This tool is used by the facilitator when preparing for a team session. The report is a copy of the team profile with the following notations:
- Expanded explanation of profile content
- Scoring interpretation
- Resources for additional information
- Indicators of personalized/tailored content
In addition, an appendix includes a ranking of all assessment items by team average and the team’s percentile for each of The Five Behaviors.
Create an end-to-end teamwork development program or concentrate on specific areas. Switch out video clips and modify the Facilitator’s Guide, PowerPoint® slides, and handouts. Add or delete sections to fit any time frame.
Hear first-hand how to interpret The Five Behaviors reports so you can easily and thoroughly answer participant questions. Contains insightful information from our Director of Research that you can’t find anywhere else. The podcast is broken up into short clips that cover The Five Behaviors model, the team profile, and the Annotated Team Report.